Friday, July 23, 2010

The Cocktail bar - The Tadam

This one is a drink I invented.
I worked bar for 3 years at Mary Gilhooley's in Lismore, NSW, and 2 of my regs are lactose intolerant (I say are, because as far as I know, they haven't ceased to be lactose intolerant), and one is allergic to oranges. Add to that, the other one also doesn't like coffee (the flavour of it), and I was limited in the super-girly-cocktails these too manly men could drink. (Yeah, it was two blokes, but they always drank things like Breezers - I used to open their bottles, pour it into the prettiest cocktail glass I could, and add an umbrella)
So, my patented recipe for the Tadam (I'll explain the name underneath the recipe).

  1. Muddle lime in glass
  2. Add liqueurs in order
  3. Add enough ice to fill glass
  4. Top with cranberry juice

Non alcoholic version

  • Hurricane glass
  • Lime
  • Ice
  • Pineapple juice
  • Cranberry juice
  • Pink grapefruit juice

  1. Muddle lime
  2. Add ice
  3. Add equal parts of all juices

Now for how it got its name.
My real name is Tanya (Yeah, I know. All this time, you actually though it was InfoxicatingLady, right? :P ), and one of the regs, for whom I invented this lovely OMG! This Will Get Me Plastered Drink is Adam. Doesn't take a genius from there, does it?

No comments: