Thursday, May 13, 2010

The teastick

Again, not a recipe post!

I was stumbling last night, and came across The Teastick, a single serve way to get a lovely cup of tea.
This for me is wonderful in a few different ways.

  1. I love tea. And it's because it's tea that I've posted it here
  2. I love sleek looking designs that combine form and function so well, which is why it is also posted on InfoxicatingDesigns
  3. I could see me using it, not just in a cup (I always drink my tea in a cup, with matching saucer), but I can also see my mother using it, for her plain, bland, boring black tea, in her bone china mug with a design of otters chasing butterflies badgers chasing a worm (I spoke to my mother yesterday. She chipped her otters mug)
I might have to buy it, just to check to see if it is as good as the reviews say

2 comments:

alai said...

Oh, this is brilliant, thank you for sharing it! We had something like this in Shanghai, a single-serving infuser in the shape of a quaver/eighth note where the bell would hold the tea. Sadly it was made of plastic and broke, and we've been making use of a cheap small pot from a Japanese 100 yen shop ever since. This looks like the perfect replacement. :)

InfoxicatingLady said...

Apparently, you can also get them in a "jelly" range, which is also a plastic.
I just love it because I love tea, and hate having to make a full pot for just one cup - and tea bags always taste like the paper the tea is in :)