Friday, May 7, 2010

Lamb casserole

It's getting a little cooler down here in AU (and especially in Sydney), so I figured a warm winter meal was in order.
I also wanted something that was cheap, but delicious, so lamb casserole it is.
I'm doing it in the slow cooker tonight, but I'd normally do it in a casserole dish, in the oven, for around 2 hours, total.


  • Garlic (I'm using around 4 cloves), crushed
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
  • 1 teaspoon hot chili (seeds in)
  • 1 cup tomato paste
  • 1 large (2 medium) cans tomatoes
  • 1 kilogram lamb chops (the cheaper the better, in my opinion)
  • 2 large onions, sliced
  • salt and pepper to taste

  1. Layer the meat and onions.
  2. Combine the mint, garlic, chili, rosemary and tomato paste.
  3. Place the tomato paste mix and the tinned tomatoes on top of the lamb in the slow cooker.
  4. Cook on high for approximately 3 hours, then turn down to low. Allow to cook for as long as you want - the longer the better.
Serve with steamed green vegies and either polenta or mashed potatoes.

No comments: