I also wanted something that was cheap, but delicious, so lamb casserole it is.
I'm doing it in the slow cooker tonight, but I'd normally do it in a casserole dish, in the oven, for around 2 hours, total.
- Garlic (I'm using around 4 cloves), crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon hot chili (seeds in)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 large (2 medium) cans tomatoes
- 1 kilogram lamb chops (the cheaper the better, in my opinion)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer the meat and onions.
- Combine the mint, garlic, chili, rosemary and tomato paste.
- Place the tomato paste mix and the tinned tomatoes on top of the lamb in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for approximately 3 hours, then turn down to low. Allow to cook for as long as you want - the longer the better.