- 2 sausages per person (You can use 1 thick one, or 2 thin ones. It's much the same)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 4 cloves of garlic - minced (you can use 2 tablespoons of minced garlic from a jar if you're feeling particularly lazy. same with the ginger and chili)
- 2 cm piece of ginger - chopped finely
- 1 red chili - chopped finely
- paprika, cinnamon, cumin and coriander to taste
- 1 large potato per person, peeled and sliced finely
Thursday, February 18, 2010
These aren't actually Mexican, by any stretch of the imagination. I guess you could also call them a sausage casserole. Similar to my Savoury Mince recipe, you can change it fairly easily. Depends on what you have on hand, and how hard or easy you want to make it for yourself.
Cook sausages under a grill. Slice into bite sized pieces.
While sausages are cooking, cook onions until transparent. Add garlic, ginger and spices. Stir through well (the paprika will burn otherwise. We discussed this in my goulash recipe
Add the tomato paste and keep stirring. Add the tins of tomato. Continue stirring.
When potatoes are almost cooked, add sliced sausages.
I serve this with either grated cheese or greek style yoghurt. It gives it a more mellow flavour.