Every Aussie mum has her own recipe. (even my mum, a notoriously and famously bad cook made it. She called it "concoction meat")
Here's my take :
- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- half a cup of worcestershire sauce
- half a cup tomato paste
- herbs and spices to taste (I use paprika, cumin, ground coriander, dried rosemary and dried thyme. I use dried because it has a more intense flavour)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 chopped onions (I use a Tupperware Happy Chopper. It means that Katharine can help me cook)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Fry off onion is a small amount of canola oil.
- Add garlic, and a splash of water.
- Add in the mince, breaking it up.
- Add in the can of tomatoes. Keep breaking up the mince.
- Add in the tomato paste, and the stock.
- Add in the worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Add in the herbs and spices, and frozen peas and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until still wet, but not sloppy.
- Meanwhile, cook some rice, mash potatoes or pasta.