Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Meal Plans...

I've had enough of never knowing what I'm eating until that afternoon or night.
I always forget to buy the meats/vegies before that day, and I end up cooking something I don't necessarily want to eat.
And for us, that is 3 different problems.
See, on Mondays, Isabella has Marching Girls, Tuesdays, Katharine has band practise (she's a cornet player :) ), and Thursdays, Ian has Fire Brigades Band practise.
I effectively have to have everyone fed by 630 pm, which normally doesn't happen because I don't think ahead.

So, today, I bit the bullet.

*sigh*
Worst thing is, it seems so... instinctive. And yet, noone I know does.
Do any of you meal plan?
If you do, does it work for you?

2 comments:

notagod said...

Yeah, we're meal planning now. Week about, and randomly take turns at who's cooking for that night. Makes it easy to work out what groceries to buy for the week instead of grabbing on the night/spending $30-40/night on just the essentials.

A bunch of those cheap ass recipe magazines you get from the supermarkets, and a half hour, and I've usually sorted a meal plan plus 1-2 "cheat" meals for a week. (Cheat = sausages on bread, or scrambled eggs with bacon, or soup, etc).

Mary Bergfeld said...

I am new to your blog and have spent some time playing catch-up with your entries. I really like the tone of your blog, but I especially like your recipes.
I'll be back. I hope the meal planning goes well for you. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary