Actually, it isn't so much cacciatore, but it is my version of it.
It's what I call a "meat plus wet" recipe - That is, meat, plus liquid (a tin of soup, some wine, some stock or similar) over heat or in the oven for an hour or so makes dinner. Of course, the longer you leave it, the better it tastes.
So, this recipe is for 4 adults, but since its me and the girls at home tonight, I'll still be making the same amount.
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1 clove of garlic - minced
- 4 chicken marylands
- 2 tins (410 g each) of whole tomatoes
- black olives to season (that's your salt, peoples)
- Cook down the onions in a large, heavy based saucepan until transparent. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Push the onion garlic mixture aside, and brown the chicken.
- Pour in the tomatoes, and a few olives to season.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour, or as long as you desire.
Serve with creamy polenta or mashed potatoes.